Experience Harz National Park
From Leipzig to the Brocken to Ilsenburg and the Bode Valley
The Harz has character. Exposed low mountain range surrounded by flatland. The oldest mining region in Germany. Natural paradise with the Harz National Park. Region full of legends and myths from prehistoric times to the present. And in the center the 1141 meter high Brocken is enthroned.
Via the Goethe town of Bad Lauchstädt we drive to the Walkenried monastery ruins (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Cultured, we go on a moorland hike in Torfhaus, which often offers a view of the Brocken. On an extensive round trip around the Harz summit we also get to know the tranquil towns of Ilsenburg and Wernigerode.
Via the Bode Valley we work our way back to Leipzig. Of course, you will also have free time during the day tour. And along the way you will enjoy local tastings – snacks, drinks, specialties.
Day trip to the Harz Mountains
Program and highlights of the day tour to the Harz Mountains
- Stopover in Bad Lauchstädt: castle, spa facilities
- Visit to Walkenried monastery ruins (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Small moorland hike from Torfhaus National Park Center
- Harz round trip with stops in Ilsenburg and Wernigerode (town hall), among others
- Via the Bode valley back to Leipzig
During the Advent and Christmas season.
*Tours of the Christmas markets in Wernigerode and Quedlinburg
During Walpurgis Night
*Extension to the Walpurgis Night celebration
Hike on the Brocken or ride on the Brockenbahn
*extension to the Brocken sightseeing
- Individual day trip in minibus up to 8 persons according to the program
- Accompaniment by certified tour guide
- Tour program (see above) with daily individual adaptation
- Suitability for wheelchair users (2 wheelchair places, boarding aids)
- doorstep pickup
- regional tastings
- 495,- € incl. VAT. Group price for 1 to 8 persons (minibus)
- all year round Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, immediately bookable
- other dates on request
Start and finish
- Start 9 am pickup from hotel or home in the area of Saxony (Chemnitz, Leipzig, etc.) and also from the area of Halle.
- Finish 6 p.m. Arrival at pickup location or by appointment.
Number of participants
- up to 8 persons
- up to 2 wheelchair users
- up to 4 weeks before departure cancelable free of charge
- up to 24 hours before departure rebookable free of charge
- from 24 hours before departure cancellation fee 100% of the tour price
The day tour to the Harz Mountains is suitable for you if you …
- are a guest in Leipzig and you feel like visiting the Harz National Park.
- always wanted to know where Johann Wolfgang Goethe bathed and lived.
- old monasteries are sacred to you.
- would like to know what is left of the Iron Curtain.
- have never hiked in a moor.
- are interested in German history.
- are enthusiastic about small medieval towns.
- don’t know the Harz witches and their dancing place.
- are nature lovers and want to get to know the Bode Valley.
- … .
Further notes on the day tour to the Harz Mountains
For the most part you will be transported by minibus. In Bad Lauchstädt, Walkenried, Torfhaus, Ilsenburg and Wernigerode we also move on foot. Depending on individual preference, however, you should not walk more than 5 to 6 km. Please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather.
If you intend to hike up the Brocken or take the Brockenbahn, it is advisable to register in advance.
Direct contact to the tour guide
Do you have questions about the tour or are you interested in an individual program? Then please click the button below. After complete input of your data you will receive an answer. There will be no extra costs.
You would like to book and pay the day tour by invoice? Then please click the button below. After complete entry of your data you will receive an invoice by mail. There will be no extra costs for you.
You would like to book and pay for the day tour online immediately? Then please click the button below. You will be redirected to the booking and payment partner Bookingkit. There will be no extra costs for you.