Leipzig is worthwhile again
From Chemnitz or Dresden to Leipzig
Originating at the intersection of two trade routes, Leipzig soon asserted itself against neighbors such as Merseburg or Halle with its trade fair privileges. Well-heeled citizens also made the town on the white Elster a center of publishing and music. At the time of industrialization, Leipzig gained world renown as a trading center.
After 2 world wars and problematic GDR times, one can feel some of this flair again today. Potente enterprises pitched their tents. The city shows itself well redeveloped. Dirty open-cast mines have been turned into recreational areas. The cultural scene is flourishing in many ways. And civil society is just as vital as it was during the peaceful revolution. No other German city is currently growing as dynamically as Leipzig.
Stroll through the compact city center and experience the impressive trade fair and coffee houses, the university, St. Nicholas Church, and art and cultural institutions. And in the surrounding countryside, the results of the transformation from open-cast lignite mining to a lake landscape.
Day trip to Leipzig
Program and highlights of the day trip to Leipzig
- Side trip Espenhain and Störmthaler lake
- Small tour at the Monument of the Battle of Nations
- Large city center tour including Augustusplatz, Nikolaikirche, main station, market, Thomaskirche, round corner
- Visit to the cotton mill and the Museum of Printing Art
- Conclusion in the south of Leipzig
Selection of Leipzig events
- Book Fair
- Bach Festival
- Vocal Music Festival
- Light Festival
- Individual day trip in minibus up to 8 persons according to the program
- Accompaniment by certified tour guide
- Tour program (see above) with daily individual adaptation
- Suitability for wheelchair users (2 wheelchair places, boarding aids)
- doorstep pickup
- regional tastings
- 495,- € incl. VAT. Group price for 1 to 8 persons (minibus)
- all year round Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, immediately bookable
- other dates on request
Start and finish
- Start 9 am pickup from hotel or home in the area of Saxony (Chemnitz, Dresden, etc.) and also from the area of Halle, Gera and Jena.
- Finish 6 p.m. Arrival at pickup location or by appointment.
Number of participants
- up to 8 persons
- up to 2 wheelchair users
- up to 4 weeks before departure cancelable free of charge
- up to 24 hours before departure rebookable free of charge
- from 24 hours before departure cancellation fee 100% of the tour price
The day tour to Leipzig is suitable for you if you …
- are a guest in Chemnitz or Dresden and you feel like a cosmopolitan city flair.
- always wanted to know where Johann Sebastian Bach and Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy lived.
- have not yet got to know the new Berlin.
- would like to learn more about the Battle of the Nations near Leipzig.
- love Viennese coffee house atmosphere.
- would like to know more about the peaceful revolution in the GDR.
- appreciate the Saxon way of life.
- don’t know the Runde Ecke yet.
- have never been to a book and trade fair city.
- or your children would like to visit the best music academy in Germany.
- want to see the inside of St. Nicholas Church or St. Thomas Church.
- … .
More tips and advice for the day tour to Leipzig.
You will be transported by minibus for the most part. In Leipzig we also move around on foot. However, depending on individual preference, you should not walk more than 3 to 4 km. Please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather.
Direct contact to the tour guide
Do you have questions about the tour or are you interested in an individual program? Then please click the button below. After complete input of your data you will receive an answer. There will be no extra costs.
You would like to book and pay the day tour by invoice? Then please click the button below. After complete entry of your data you will receive an invoice by mail. There will be no extra costs for you.
You would like to book and pay for the day tour online immediately? Then please click the button below. You will be redirected to the booking and payment partner Bookingkit. There will be no extra costs for you.