Wine & Baroque in the Elbe Valley
From Leipzig or Chemnitz to Dresden
The good Lord meant well with Dresden. Silver from the Erzgebirge pays for the baroque architectural pearls of the old town. And also the art collections of the Wettins. North of the city, wine thrives. And to the south, nature draped a picturesque sandstone landscape along the Elbe.
From Germany’s northernmost wine-growing region (near Meissen), we approach the Saxon residence along the Elbe. We strengthen ourselves in the funky new town, before a long walk in the baroque Dresden old town follows. Here we enjoy masterful architecture that makes the city one of the most beautiful in all of Germany. Inspired by the splendor, we continue via the White Deer to Pillnitz Palace. If you have time and desire, you can extend the day in Saxon Switzerland.
Of course, you will also have time at your leisure. And by the way you will enjoy local tastings – snacks, drinks, specialties.
Day trip to Dresden
Program and highlights of the day tour to Dresden
- Short visit to Altzella monastery
- Side trip to Meissen and Radebeul: Albrechtsburg Castle, porcelain, wine growing in the Elbe Valley.
- Dresden Neustadt: culinary Dresden start with scene quarter and Pfunds dairy
- Walking tour in the Old Town: Augustus Bridge, Semper Opera House, Residence Palace, Zwinger, Church of Our Lady, Terrace Embankment
- Final hopoff hopon excursion via the White Deer to Pillnitz
- Tours of the Christmas markets in Altkötzschenbroda and Dresden
- Elbe Sandstone Mountains, Bastei
- Individual day trip in minibus up to 8 persons according to the program
- Accompaniment by certified tour guide
- Tour program (see above) with daily individual adaptation
- Suitability for wheelchair users (2 wheelchair places, boarding aids)
- doorstep pickup
- regional tastings
- 495,- € incl. VAT. Group price for 1 to 8 persons (minibus)
- all year round Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, immediately bookable
- other dates on request
Start and finish
- Start 9 am pickup from hotel or home in the area of Saxony (Chemnitz, Leipzig, etc.) and also from the area of Halle or Gera.
- Finish 6 p.m. Arrival at pickup location or by appointment.
Number of participants
- up to 8 persons
- up to 2 wheelchair users
- up to 4 weeks before departure cancelable free of charge
- up to 24 hours before departure rebookable free of charge
- from 24 hours before departure cancellation fee 100% of the tour price
The day tour to the Elbe Valley to Dresden is suitable for you if you …
- are a guest in Leipzig or Chemnitz and you want to be inspired architecturally.
- always wanted to know where August the Strong lived.
- don’t know the Cannaletto view yet.
- did not yet know where the wealth of the Erzgebirge mining industry has ended up.
- would like to visit the Dresden Frauenkirche.
- are interested in art and architecture.
- would like to experience Saxon mouth and way of life live.
- have never seen wine growing in the Elbe Valley.
- are open-minded for Saxon tastings.
- … .
More tips and advice for the day tour to Dresden.
For the most part, you will be transported by minibus. In Dresden we also move around on foot. However, depending on individual preference, you should not walk more than 3 to 4 km. Please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather.
Direct contact with the tour guide
Do you have questions about the tour or are you interested in an individual program? Then please click the button below. After complete input of your data you will receive an answer. There will be no extra costs.
You would like to book and pay the day tour by invoice? Then please click the button below. After complete entry of your data you will receive an invoice by mail. There will be no extra costs for you.
You would like to book and pay for the day tour online immediately? Then please click the button below. You will be redirected to the booking and payment partner Bookingkit. There will be no extra costs for you.